I'm at stay at home mom and housewife, trying to make money, meals and memories stretch!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Some Easter egg tips!



So this is my fool-proof way to make perfect hard boiled eggs! Jeff and I have tried this many times and it always works, we are very picky eaters when it comes to our eggs, but I have never had a green ring or icky yolk!
You will need:

  • Eggs
  • Pot with lid
  • Some water
  • Your favorite egg-removing tool, mine is my ice cream scoop!
How to do this magic:

  1. Put some water in a pot, doesn't really matter how much just make sure the eggs are covered, and will stay covered when they start to boil. So like an inch or two higher.Turn your burner on to your desired heat, I usually just do high so they start boiling faster.
  2. Add your desired amount of eggs, the water doesn't have to be boiling yet
  3. Bring to a rolling boil. Don't know what that means? Just watch as they start to boil, you will. 
  4. Cover your eggs and turn off the burner, DO NOT REMOVE FROM THE HEATED BURNER! I feel like that is important sometimes, maybe I am crazy, but I like that little bit of fading heat while the burner cools down. 
  5. After ten minutes pass you're good to go! Remove lid and put eggs in a nice ice bath to cool them off. I never really rush them out of the pot and sometimes forget to take them out until like 12-15 minutes, but they've always turned out great. 
Good luck and I hope those eggs turn out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment