I'm at stay at home mom and housewife, trying to make money, meals and memories stretch!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Acting out

Porter has entered into his terrible twos finally, and it came on like a hurricane. Oh my goodness. The first day he threw a tantrum that made every other tantrum look like nothing. Kicking and screaming and punching and thrashing around, I was ready to cry, wondering where my sweet boy was at. I just loved him the whole time, telling him that his actions were not okay and that I was just going to rub his back until he calmed down. I finally had to walk away and let him cry it out until he fell asleep. Phew. I don't know what to do anymore, though, he's just a grump alllllll the time. He's constantly scowling and making the famous Gentry angry face. I spend all day on egg shells worried he's going to hate me, while trying to help him deal with his emotions in a healthy way.
Anyone out there? Any advice? I feel like hiding all day right now and waiting for it to end. This kid is crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment